måndag 30 juli 2018

Bohusleden Walk #15: Krokstrand-Vassbotten (Monday 07/05-18)

After taking a break of a bit more than two weeks I decided to return to the Bohusleden walks. This time I walked between Krokstrand and Vassbotten. I once again drove to Strömstad in the morning and took the bus to Krokstrand as I've described in Bohusleden Walk #13 between Krokstrand and Strömstad. I started the walk at 07:31 and I finished the walk at 17:00. The walk thus took me 9h29mins in total. In total the walk was roughly 29.1km and included stage 25 between Krokstrand and Håvedalen and stage 24 between Håvedalen and Vassbotten. My average speed was thus 3.07km/h which was ok considering that significant chunks of the trails goes on footpaths.
This walk can be seen as something in-between Bohusleden Walk #13 between Krokstrand and Strömstad and Bohusleden Walk #14 between Vassbotten and Porsås. The trail partially goes through rocky terrains and has significant height variations. It also feels pretty wild (although the only animals I saw were two squirrels) but not as isolated as the part of Bohusleden between Vassbotten and Porsås. One of the unique parts in this walk is that it goes through a wind power park. Overall there the trail goes through quite open terrains, which wouldn't be a problem in normal cases but it was really warm and sunny and I didn't have enough water with me. I was quite thirsty and dry in my mouth when I ended the walk in Vassbotten. In Vassbotten I waited 40 minutes for the local traffic I had ordered. With the local traffic I travelled to Tanumshede and in Tanumshede I took bus 870 to Strömstad. Finally in Strömstad I went to the grocery store to buy some water and thus quenched my thirst.
Anyway, enough of the introduction. Enjoy the photos!


1.
Krokstrand. Brightened the photo slightly using the levels tool.

2.
The People's House / the Community Centre (Folkets Hus) in Krokstrand. It's the oldest "the People's House" in Bohuslän.

3.
Iddefjorden. Brightened the photo slightly using the levels tool.

4.
5.
Used the hue restorer plug-in to remove the cyan-ish sky color. Then I darkened the sky slightly using the levels and curves tools. Finally I darkened the non-sky parts slightly using the levels tool.

6.
View of Iddefjorden.

7.
8.
Sandvatten. Rotated the photo slightly and cropped it.

9.
View of Husebotjärnet.

10.
11.
Used the curves tool to brighten the sky and the non-sky parts separately.

12.
Kasen. Increased the contrast and brightness slightly using the levels tool. Also sharpened the photo slightly using unsharp mask.

13.
Squirrel

14.
Allemarken. Brightened the photo slightly using the levels tool.

15.
16.
Brightened the photo slightly using the levels tool.

17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
Ekelidvattnet

22.
Krokvattnet. Rotated the photo slightly and cropped it.

23.
24.
Bullern. Darkened the sky and the non-sky parts separately using the levels tool.

25.
26.
Sör-Vammsjön. Rotated the photo slightly and cropped it. Also used the hue restorer plug-in to remove the cyan-ish sky color. Finally I darkened the sky slightly using the levels tool.

27.
Ejgdesjön

28.
One of the building foundations in Smarsmon.
"Smarsmon is one the Gypsies' or Roma Travellers' few permanent sites in Scandinavia. It was probably first occupied in the 1870s and housed up to about 30 families in a number of simple huts or houses.
The settlement straddled the path for about 500 metres. Archaeologists found four large foundations, two with smaller ones adjoining them. The land near the foundations shows traces of cultivation. Round or oval pits may be where heaps of earth and stones were used to store root vegetables away from winter frosts.
It is only 400 metres to the Norwegian border.
The people here felt relatively safe. They could always take refuge across the border.
They were mostly itinerant pedlars, selling their handiwork here or in Norway: brooms and brushes, string bags and baskets. In addition they were in demand as tinkers or to sharpen tools.
The settlement would have been abandoned in the 1920s as people either moved away or were assimilated locally. The Roma Travellers themselves think their ancestors were chased away by the locals. Truth and legend have merged, leaving the real story of Smarsmon shrouded in mystery. Roma Travellers were not much talked about, they in turn held their tongues, living in fear of prejudice and persecution."

29.
On my way to Vassbotten.

30.
Norra Bullaresjön. Brightened the photo slightly using levels tool.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar